The early beginning
In the small town of Ursel (East-Flanders, Belgium), Geert Verstraete takes over his father’s printing firm that up until then, focused on family and trade printing. Geert makes a bold but well-considered commercial move and resolutely chooses to specialize in printing paper labels. He thinks of labels as the silent sellers of products.
Here come the in mold labels
Challenged by a large Belgian brand owner and driven by their innovative vision, Geert and his son Koen, who has joined the company in the meantime, decide to start producing polypropylene in mold labels next to paper labels. A great step forward for the company, from a commercial as well as ecological point of view.
1986 - 1995
Third generation family company
Following their father’s footsteps, Koen, Griet and Ann Verstraete officially join the family business. Their passion for the printing industry and in-depth product knowledge drives their daily operations and the vision of the company.
Part of Constantia Flexibles
In order to further grow and have the necessary financial backup, printing company Verstraete sold 51% of its shares to Haendler & Natermann GmbH that itself was acquired by Constantia Flexibles 2 year later.
Expansion and a new HQ
30 years after its foundation, the company has expanded at such pace that extra capacity and production space is needed. A newly built high-tech production site in Maldegem becomes the new headquarter with plenty of space for future growth.
100% focus on IML
A new era for printing company Verstraete, as it stops producing paper labels and entirely focuses on the printing and production of PP in mold labels.
A new name
Printing company Verstraete has secured its position as IML manufacturer in the injection molding industry and has even become world market leader. To reflect the company’s knowhow and niche specialty, a new company name is introduced. Verstraete IML it is.
A Multi-Color Company
Constantia Flexibles sells its 21 companies large label division, including their 51% of the Verstraete IML shares, to Multi-Color Company. At the same time, the family Verstraete also sells its remaining 49% shares to Multi-Color Company. This opens doors to new market opportunities, partnerships and further growth.
Production in the USA
The local presence of its sales and technical support representatives is much appreciated by the company’s customers. As local production is a key factor for expanding overseas and is beneficial for the service Verstraete IML offers, a brand new production unit sees the light of day in Batavia (Cincinnati area, Ohio).
2020 - 2021
End of an era – start of a new one
Verstraete IML is put on rails within MCC and is ready for a future under the MCC flag. Koen and Griet Verstraete feel the time is right to pass the torch to Peter Grugeon, the new Managing Director (and the first to not carry the Verstraete family name).
Spring 2021, Verstraete IML’s new name is MCC Verstraete. More than ever, the company focuses on sustainability, innovation and specialization to ensure its market position.
Joining forces with Australian Herrods IML
MCC acquires Australian in-mold label manufacturer Herrods IML. MCC Verstraete and Herrods IML join forces and Herrods IML is now operating under the name ‘MCC Verstraete Australia’. Like MCC Verstraete, Herrods IML has a long and proud history that goes back to its very humble beginnings in 1963.
Welcoming Korsini to the MCC Verstraete family
April 2023, the wellknown IML manufacturer Korsini becomes part of MCC. Korsini was founded in 2004 as a joint venture between Korozo Group and Korsini Packaging Companies. The latter is the legacy of the printing business "Fratelli Corsini" which the Corsini brothers started in 1902. Approx. 400 associates and two production sites in Western Turkey are welcomed to the MCC Verstraete family.